Scope of Industrial Relations
Industrial Relations scope includes all the aspects of relations in industry such as developing and maintaining cordial and effective labour management relations, industrial peace and industrial democracy.
The cordial and effective labour management relations can be developed by-
- Protecting the interest of the employees
- Providing reasonable wages to employees
- Providing safe and hygienic working conditions
- Providing social security measures
- Maintaining strong Trade Unions
- Collective bargaining
Industrial peace and democracy could be developed and maintained by:
- Settlement of industrial disputes through mutual understanding and agreements
- By evolving various statutory measures
- By formation of various machineries such as works committee, boards of conciliation labour courts etc.
- Workers participation in management
- Recognizing human rights